February 02, 2005

DISCLAIMER: The following is a rant. In this rant, I will address topics which may be considered controversial and will undoubtedly offend some people. However, I can write whatever the heck I want.

So.

Through a series of events tonight, it has come to my attention that there is a person who attends our stunningly diverse University of Oregon who claims to be neither a male nor a female. An undecided transgender, you might call this person, although by no means do I claim to be an expert in such terminology. For the purposes of this rant, I shall refer to this person as It.

It is accusing the Oregon Commentator (conservative paper on campus) of referring to It as he, even though It made it clear that It should be referred to using the pronoun zie, or something along those lines. You may notice that I am refraining from referring to It as zie. That is because the pronoun zie is nonexistent, unless you're using some other language, which, last time I checked... we're speaking English here.

You may ask yourself, why is this even an issue? Why the heck does anyone care? Because we are in Eugene, where issues such as these are of great concern to the predominately dirty liberal population.

In closing, I leave you with the following direct quote from Tyler Nachtman's away message:

"I have solved the problem of this gender neutral pronoun calamity. I am going to refer to everyone that wants me to refer to them in some special way as "Douche." That way I am not assuming they are male or female. I know several male "douches" and several female "douches." So if you cannot decide whether or not you are male or female, chances are you are a "douche." In fact I may just start to refer to everyone as "douche," just to be cautious, with the exception of Melissa Tucker, who of course is "the shit" and I will continue to refer to her as such. God I hate the UofO..."


As far as I know, not many liberals read my blog... but to the one who does *cough - David - cough* I can't wait to hear your comments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home