May 09, 2005

Life Goes On

"What do you do? You laugh. I'm not saying I don't cry in between but I laugh and I realize how silly it is to take anything too seriously. Plus, I look forward to a good cry. It feels pretty good." ~Garden State (AMAZING movie)


So, it's been a while since I've written anything. Here's a general overview of what's been up in Tucktown.

• I turned 20. I've now been around for two decades.

• I'm still going to the Dominican Republic for the summer, although I think I'm gonna wind up going a little later than I had planned.

• There was a boyfriend for about 2 weeks. He was a liberal. He broke up with me last night because he doesn't do long distance. I'm leaving for 2 months soon. This turned out to be a problem. I don't hate him and you shouldn't either. We're still friends, or at least we both want to be. It kinda came out of the blue to me. I'm still adjusting, and I don't want to hear any I told you so's, whether or not you think you have a good one.

• I cut my hair, again. A couple of months ago, I cut of 7 inches and yesterday I cut off 5 inches. That's an entire foot of hair, in case you can't do math. I kindof did it out of the blue... I walked out the door and wound up at SuperCuts saying "Cut it off." I'm still getting used to it.

• As much as I would like to say that I've moved on, closed one chapter, and opened another, I'm still having trouble moving on from past... stuff. It always comes back to haunt me in little ways, like seeing certain people or things or places.

• I managed to get my car towed outside Adam's house, and it cost me $190. In case you can't read numbers, that's one hundred and ninety freaking dollars. But it was my fault for parking under the "Tenant Parking Only" sign, which I should have seen but didn't, even though I looked for it. I now have $4.11 to my name. That's four dollars and eleven cents. I only have to wait 22 more days for my next paycheck. Holy crap. Needless to say, if it involves spending money, I'm not doing it for now.

• I still try to keep a smile on my face, because it's just stupid not to. Don't feel sorry for me, because I don't feel sorry for myself. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

• I still love my College Republicans and I still love Dubya. I broke out my "W, Still the President" shirt today, it feels good to wear it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home