February 24, 2006

Savin' Up

So my mother is an avid watcher of the Suze Orman Show. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually found the show useful today. Why? Because she helped me open a savings account. Suze told me that the highest intrest rate is currently at EmigrantDirect.com and, handy dandy enough, I've been saving up for a savings account for a few months now. Saving up for a savings account? Hmm. Yeah.

The general goal is to be able to buy a car that's not from the 80's by this summer. Don't get me wrong, I love my '88 Civic and every last one of her 234,000 miles but, how do I say this without hurting her feelings... Um, yeah, I want to be able to drive outside of Eugene - or even out side of Oregon, gasp! - in confidence. I love the fact that I paid for my car straight up out of my checking account, and I plan to do the same thing with my next car.

I'm excited. I actually have over a thousand dollars (so far) sitting in an account making money for itself. I feel like such a big kid. Yippee!

1 Comments:

At March 10, 2006 9:55 PM, Blogger Anthony W said...

MY blog is more recently updated than yours. in your face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home