December 21, 2005

Deep in the heart of Texas!


Hello from Kerrville, Texas. My grandparents moved here this summer from Fresno, California, where they've lived since my dad was a kid. So they offered to fly me out as my Christmas present this year and there was no way I was turning down that offer. Seriously, I'm not kidding when I tell you that it was 70º out yesterday afternoon. It's 45º right now (almost midnight) but the sky is clear as can be and I can see every single star twinkling up in the heavens. Granted, it's a little less green than Eugene, and I'm still getting used to that, but I'm soo happy to get away from the freezing coldness of Oregon.

I'll write more later about some things I've been pondering lately, but let me just tell you about one of my current dilemmas. See, I have this incredible knack for getting myself into sticky icky situations that offer no good outcome of any sort. Check this one out.

So my grandparents have caught on that I'm pretty up on technology. Most people my age are, but they just don't know that. I'll let them think I'm a genius. But anyway, the other day I burned a CD for them of some of Bing Crosby's Christmas music... baaaaad move, kiddo. Next thing I know, my grandma's spouting off all these albums she wants me to download for her. If you knew my grandma, you would know that you canNOT say "no" to her. She simply won't accept it. She'll just say, "Yes, you can do it, and you will. Now get on with it." She's never wrong, and her answer is always the only answer.

So, like a good lil granddaughter, I just nodded and smiled with no real intention of ever downloading all the music she was commanding me to dig up for her. Sure enough, the tactic worked and she forgot about all those albums... well, all except for one of them. And wouldn't it be just my luck, that one album happens to be a Kenny Rogers Christmas album. At first, I just kept nodding and smiling but I'm telling you, she's not letting this one go. She seriously asks me at least five times a day, "Have you gotten that album for me yet?????????"

So this is my dilemma. I can either download the stinking album and listen to it nonstop for the next three weeks or I can take an earful from my grandma every two seconds for the next three weeks. I'm not sure yet which one is worse.

1 Comments:

At December 24, 2005 12:29 PM, Blogger Arias Family said...

i think you need to burn your mom a mexican mariachi christmas album. then she'll really be happy. or put chakarom on a cd for her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home