January 26, 2006

50 Things You [Don't] Care About

[1] I used to hate nicknames as a kid, but then I realized that people only take the time to give you a nickname if they care about you.

[2] In high school, my nickname was Melt. Now, people call me Tuck, Tuckster, Tuggles, Tucktown, Melly, Lisserfiss, and/or good 'ole Mel. You can call me whatever you want.

[3] I'm just another kid from Israel, Africa, Switzerland, California, and/or Oregon who doesn't know where she belongs or how she's getting there or how she'll know "there" when she sees it.

[4] I'm afraid of commitment, but not in the typical way. Most of my life, the friends I've loved the most have been taken away from me whenever my family moved to a different country. I'm afraid that will happen again, even though I know it won't if I don't let it.

[5] I love animals, because I don't have to hold up a conversation with them.

[6] I love yellow roses because they stand for friendship, and without friendships I'm all alone in the world.

[7] I don't mind getting lost, because I like the feeling of uncertainty and I like the challenge of finding myself again.

[8] I trust easily, perhaps too easily, but underneath I guard myself, perhaps too much.

[9] My thoughts are always clearest when my vision is blurred with tears.

[10] I have friends everywhere, and I miss them so much, and I think about them all the time, but I never pick up the phone to call them because I'm afraid I won't know what to say.

[11] I don't like to be the center of attention. I'd rather have the person in the spotlight looking at me for their moral support because they know I'll always be by their side.

[12] I don't truly express myself a lot, because I'm always waiting for the perfect moment. Someday I'll realize that the perfect moment doesn't occur very often.

[13] I'd do anything for someone who needs my help, but I hate it when people go out of their way for me.

[14] I stand very firmly in my beliefs. I'm a Christian, and God is my beginning, my end, and everything in my inbetween.

[15] Sometimes I pull away from people I love, but only because I'm afraid they'll push me away.

[16] I love music, I love singing, and I don't care what people think.

[17] I love the rain, because it says everything I can never say in a way that I'll never be able to imitate.


These next ones, I stole from my brother's profile but since he stole the idea from me, I don't feel guilty. Besides, what's he gonna do about it? I'm his little sister; I can do nothing wrong.

[18] I am an exile and a refugee, and my home is with those who have taken my heart with them.

[19] I am a vagabond, a traveler; but one day, for the right person, I just might stay.

[20] I am a mystery to all, and few have ever known me.

[21] I have been a friend to many, but I have had very few friends.

[22] I tend to take on the expressions and mannerisms of those I spend a lot of time with, but my thoughts are all my own.

[23] I am an idealist, and while I realize that the world will never live up to my standards, that reality doesn't keep me from trying to live my own life according to those ideals.

[24] I am a quiet person, until I deem something worth saying.

[25] I am old fashioned in most ways.

[26] I'd much rather chase the entire night away with quiet conversation.

[27] I'm fairly shy, but only until I know you.

[28] But more than anything, I am a broken [woman] transformed by the amazing grace of God, through Jesus Christ, and made whole again.

[29] I am nothing but for Christ, who lives in me.


Now, back to ones written by me...

[30] My dog, Keves Ariel, died recently and I cried for an entire day (nonstop) when I found out.

[31] I've never had good experiences with people named Greg. It's weird.

[32] Tillamook Mudslide is the best ice creme ever made. But it can only be eaten straight out of the containter.

[33] I have a cowlick on the back of my head, and it's the exact same cowlick that my great-grandma, grandma, and aunt all have.

[34] I can't stand electric toothbrushes. They disrupt my usual tooth-brushing thinking time.

[35] I don't want to be rich, ever.

[36] It could take me years to remember the color of your eyes, but I'll never forget a smile.

[37] When I grow up I want to have lots of dogs, maybe even a kennel.

[38] My first love was Christian Bale in Newsies.

[39] I hated cranberry juice as a kid, now I can't imagine life without it.

[40] Cranberry sauce is my favorite part of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

[41] I never ever leave sporting events early, no matter how far behind my team is.

[42] Guys in Texas like girls with curves, and they don't hide it. After having lived in Texas for 3 weeks, I can now expertly divulge this information.

[43] I love collared shirts.

[44] I love pinstriped suits.

[45] I hate pretentious rich people.

[46] I refuse to use those paper toilet seat cover things. They make me feel like a spoiled American, which is what I strive toward not being.

[47] Dirt and germs are our friends. They build your immune system.

[48] Stereotypes exist because people fit them.

[49] I don't like makeup.

[50] I love going through automatic car washes. Inside a car, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home